Sunday, November 25, 2007

Sudsy Interlude

I've been playing with colors in my soap. Both goats milk and olive oil soaps are notoriously hard to color, and my soaps are heavy in both. This is what I've got so far:

Plumberry

The Plumberry was supposed to be a soft shade of pink swirled into the soap. Instead I've got a blush of pink on top of the soap. Oh well, it's still pretty!

Forest's Edge

This is a mix of sweetgrass and juniper scents. It is a soothing blend of sweet and earthy, and currently one of my favorites. Unfortunately, the soap moved too fast for swirling, so I layered the colors. The end result inspired the name Forest's Edge.

I'm antsy to keep going on this learning curve, but I had to order more supplies. They should arrive on Wednesday. Until then, I guess I'll knit!