Tuesday, November 20, 2007

A Free Pattern! Cabled Headband/Ear Warmer

I finished my Fetching little mitts.


Yarn: Bouton d'Or Songe
Colorway: ? My monsters stole my colorway! It's the purple one.
Modifications: As my yarn was much lighter than that called for, I added one cable round at the wrist and four rib rounds before the thumb.


And I decided to make a matching headband with the left-over yarn. When knit with the same weight yarn, this will make a nice, warm headband, thick enough to cover your ears. Again, my yarn is much thinner, making my headband much daintier.


Using cable cast on, CO 120 stitches, join in a round, being careful not to twist stitches. Place a stitch marker or safety at the join to mark the beginning of the round.
Row 1-4: *k4, p1* repeat to end
Row 5: *CB4, p1, CF4, p1* repeat to end
Row 6: *k4, p1* repeat 20 times (100 stitches) k4, w&t
Row 7: *p4, k1* repeat 17 times (85 stitches) p4, w&t
Row 8: *k4, p1* repeat 14 times (70 stitches) k4, w&t
Row 9: *p4, k1* repeat 11 times (55 stitches) p4, w&t
Row 10: *k4, p1* repeat 14 times (70 stitches) k4, w&t
Row 11: *p4, k1* repeat 17 times (85 stitches) p4, w&t
Row 12: *k4, p1* repeat to end
Row 13: *CB4, p1, CF4, p1* repeat to end
Row 14-17: *k4, p1* repeat to end
Bind off all stitches loosely. Weave in ends.

To make this larger or smaller, add or subtract 10's of stitches (10, 20, 30). My headband is 22 inches.

I've also added Haloscan to my blog. Supposedly, this will help manage comments and give me the ability to email replies. One drawback is all comments from before the installation are no longer available. So thank you, dear commentators! I have not deleted your valuable input, and I look forward to hearing from you again! :P