Friday, September 21, 2007

Blogstalking: "Who Are You?"

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know this is last week's question. I am always late; I'll probably be late for my own funeral!

So, who is this girl? And why is she so unusual? That is such a hard question.... I'll start with the statistics:

I'm a wife; I've been married to the Hairy One for six years. We met when we were both in the Army and it was that stupid-grin, weak-kneed love at first sight. He spoils me outrageously and in return, I let him go fishing whenever he wants.

I'm a mom; we have two beautiful little monsters, Bubba and the Bug. Bubba's five (almost six) and in kindergarten, and the Bug just turned four and is next door in Pre-K (that poor school). I'm trying to raise them to be independent, tenacious, and responsible for their own actions. I think it's working, but military school is always an option.

I'm an "Executive Assistant;" oh pu-lease, that's just a fancy term for a glorified secretary. I am also the primary bread-winner for our family. The Hairy One is going to school full-time to be a rocket scientist; we had to make some sacrifices, but it's worth it.

I'm in my early thirties, but I keep forgetting; I have purple hair and work in a conservative office. I love platform shoes and goth-girl outfits (but the little goth-kids always make me giggle). I am easily bored so I have eighty hobbies. I read voraciously: often a book every other day.

I am fiscally conservative but socially liberal. I believe the government should stay out of almost everything: marriage, the human body, the Middle East, my pocketbook. I believe in stronger criminal penalties, especially for violent or sexual crimes and meth manufacturing.

[pants] Whoo! I swear I didn't see that soap-box. Wow.

Mostly I'm just me. I read, I knit, I sew. I make soap. I jump in rain puddles with the boys. I like frogs and I am afraid of spiders. I am Eryn, hear me roar!