Monday, January 7, 2008

Road Trip, Part One

We just spent the extended weekend on a road trip, driving from Central Florida to Atlanta, Georgia. And of course, because I hang out with the cool kids, we had to schedule many (yarn) breaks on the way.


First on the list was Hanks in Gainesville, Florida. A more fabulous place I cannot imagine.
The yarn selection is drool worthy and even includes their own hand-spun and hand-dyed yarns. I rolled in the Malabrigo, admired the Cherry Tree Hill, and succumbed to Lorna's Laces. I even thought (briefly) of taking up sock knitting because of the fabulous sock yarns on display.

We stopped at Hanks again on our way back home, only to find we had just missed SnB (heartbreaking!). Next time, I will definitely plan my road trip around Hanks' SnB.

If you find yourself in Gainesville, swing by Hanks and have a cup of organic coffee with Sharon, Ginger, Lorena, and Hank. Tell 'em Eryn sent you.

Tomorrow: The religious experience that is Knitch.

Go back and click on Hank - don't hurt his feelings!